NOCTULA – Environmental Consultants was responsible for Environmental Management and Archaeological Monitoring during the construction of Raposeira wind farm (Vila do Bispo – Algarve).
Raposeira wind farm, with two wind turbines of unit capacity of 2.05 and 3.4 MW, has been subjected to the process of Environmental Impact Assessment once it is located within 2 km of another existing wind farm and also by the fact that it is located in a “sensitive area” according to the definition in Decreto-Lei n.º 151-B/2013, de 31 de outubro, in particular an area of the Natura 2000 network (Costa Sudoeste – PTCON0012).
The Environmental Management Team was responsible for:
- Ensure and verify the implementation of the Environmental Monitoring of the Construction Site Plan;
- Make periodic visits to the Construction Site;
- Be present in all relevant meetings for environmental monitoring;
- Perform actions for environmental awareness with the contractor (actions must be extended to all stakeholders on site);
- Identify and submit for approval the work of owner, the need for revision of the impact minimization measures recommended in the Environmental Monitoring of the Construction Site Plan;
- Develop and keep updated the list of environmental legislation applicable, which is recommended in Environmental Monitoring of the Construction Site Plan;
- Organize and keep updated the environmental files of the Construction Site;
- Record, in each visit made, and when applicable, the environmental findings (identification of situations that constitute non-compliance with environmental legislation, the Environmental Impact Statement, with the Environmental Compliance Report);
- Keep the map of registrations and environmental observations updated, which should also include claims or complaints of official authorities, associations or individuals;
- Develop monthly reports of environmental management;
- Report to the contractor, changes in the Environmental Monitoring of the Construction Site Plan, particularly with regard to minimization measures;
- Identify and refer environmental constraints to be introduced to environmental conditioning plant.
NOCTULA – Environmental Consultants has provided construction environmental management services in several construction works, for example of São Macário II Wind Farm and Photovoltaic Plant in Ovar.